Are you considering starting a trucking company or transportation business in California? Then you will need a California CA number.
Global Truck Permits will take care of all important information that is required by the California DMV Motor Carrier Permit office. We know what is required and how to obtain a permit, quickly and easily, so you can start moving freight and making money.

What is a California CA number?
CA number is a unique number assigned by the California Highway Patrol. It helps the CHP to identify a carrier. California Based motor carriers are required to have a California CA number. According to Department of Motor vehicles, a motor carrier permit is a document issued by the DMV’s Registration Operations Division. The permit is issued by the motor carrier as evidence of the registration with the DMV of their Carrier Identification number (CA#), as required by CVC Section 34620.
Additionally, the permit verifies the motor carrier has met all of the statutory requirements to commercially operate motor vehicles on California’s highways. The permit contains information specific to the motor carrier (e.g., name, mailing address, CA#, and effective/expiration dates of the permit).

Who Needs A MCP?
– Vehicles operated by household goods and/or passenger carriers as defined in Section 5109 of the Public Utilities Code (those vehicles operate under Public Utilities Commission authority)
– Vehicles operated by household goods carriers to transport used office, store, and institutional furniture and fixtures when operated under a household goods carrier permit issued pursuant to Section 5137 of the PUC.
– Pickup trucks with a GVWR of less than 11,500 pounds, an unladen weight of less 8,001 pounds, and equipped with a box-type bed not exceeding 9 feet in length, when operated in a non-commercial manner.
– Utility trailers, camp trailers, or trailer coaches, or trailer designed to transport watercraft.
– Vehicles providing transportation of passengers only, a passenger stage corporation transporting baggage and express upon a passenger vehicles incidental to the transportation of passengers.
– Vehicles used only for personal use and are 10,000 pounds GVWR or less.
– Two-axle daily rental trucks with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds when operated in non- commercial use.
– Vehicles which are exempt from vehicle registration fees.
– Motortrucks or two-axle truck tractors, with a GVWR less than 16,001 pounds, operated singly in noncommercial use (this provision is valid only until January 1, 2016).

How can we help you?

If you'd like to discover more about our company or our portfolio of services, you can find the right contact person here.

Special Package